Thursday, February 24, 2011

This, That, and The Other

This is going to be kind of a hodge podge of topics tonight. Just somethings I've been thinking about the last couple of days.

The first thing is deprivation. On the message board I go to people will post about how they want a piece of chocolate or some kind of treat, then 98% of the replies are about how they shouldn't eat it. It's bad for you, you'll regret it, it will lead to massive weight gain. Okay, the last one might not actually have been said but it might as well been. I don't understand why people think it is a good idea to totally deprive themselves of things they like. True it isn't a good idea to eat a king size snickers, but one of the snickers minis or fun size ones? Why not if it's only every once in awhile? Why can't someone have an ice cream sandwich if they fit it into their calories? Sure it would be healthier if they ate fruit, but sometimes you just crave somethings. I know for a fact that there is no way I am going to cut out chocolate or ice cream for the rest of my life, so I figure out how to fit it in. There will be days when I want a chili dog with cheese and onions on it for dinner and I will more than likely eat it. I won't eat it every day, or every week, or even every month, but I know at some point I'm going to eat it. I will just work on making the healthiest chili dog I can. Homemade turkey chili, whole wheat buns, low fat/fat free cheese. I want to be healthy but I don't want to feel like I have to totally deprive myself to do it.

The next thing I have been thinking about it calorie cycling. Now most of the things I have seen have been for when you hit a plateau. However, I am wondering if you can use it so you don't ever hit a plateau. I like the idea of being able to eat more on some days. It is something I'll have to look into more before I make any decisions though.

The last thing is I hate Jillian Michaels. I got her 30 Day Shred dvd. I did it tonight. I use that last statement loosely. I did do it but I had to do all the modified versions and towards the end I couldn't finish all the exercises. I guess that you are supposed to do it 30 days in a row. I have no idea how I'm going to do it tomorrow. I'm sore now. lol!

1 comment:

  1. The Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred gets easier. And the best remedy I have found for sore muscles is working out those muscles again(lol)!!!

    ReplyDelete