Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My workout space

  I thought I would show you guys my workout space. 


  As you can see there isn't much room. I can't really use the living room because of sleep schedules of other people that live here. I was able to do an old Walk Away the Pounds video I had in that space though.  Oh, the pillow is where the dog sleeps. lol!


  As I mentioned I was able to do a video. I did one mile but I think that tomorrow I will try the two mile as the one mile didn't seem like much of a challenge. I also did some arm exercises with my little dinky 2 pound weights. After 2 sets of 15 reps I could really feel it though. 


  On a totally different subject I was texting with my boyfriend early. He asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was online looking to find out how much I have to weigh to get my BMI out of the obese category and into the overweight category. His reply to me was "Wish you could get over the weight thing"  I read it and a couple tears escaped. He's never been overweight a day in his life and doesn't get it. He thinks I'm attractive the way I am and is afraid that I'm going to get really skinny, which he doesn't find attractive. I don't want to be super skinny. I was to be healthy and able to go on a hike without feeling like I'm dying 5 minutes into it. 
  So now I feel like I can't talk to him about any of it. He's supposed to be the person that is the most supportive and I feel like I can't talk to him about this now.  The other friends that I hang out with don't really get it either. I was over at one of their houses today and they asked me if I wanted to go to McDonald's.  I'm not going to give up though.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure whether this will help or not, but take it as you will. :) My hubby always tells me he's not a mind reader, so he won't know what he's done (or hasn't done) that's upset me unless I tell him. It's been hard breaking that habit, but I always feel better for talking about it.

    As for friends/family? Totally understand. Just keep hanging in there, and they'll eventually get it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point I feel it is pointless to talk to him about it. I have told him numerous times that this is really important to me. He just tells me that he doesn't think I need to lose weight. I reply to that saying that he might not think I do but I think I do and I need to do this for me. He told me yesterday that he hopes my gall bladder surgery is soon so I can eat crap food with him again.

    ReplyDelete